Kogi Govt. demolishes 2 buildings suspected to be used for criminal activities

Okenne (Kogi), March 16, 2017 (TNE): Two buildings in Kogi suspected to be used for criminal activities, were demolished on Wednesday in Okenne under the supervision of Gov. Yahaya Bello, our correspondent reports.

One was a mosque said to have been hijacked in 2015 by members of the Boko Haram terrorists and had been serving as their operational base since then.

The other was owned by a suspected kidnap kingpin, Tijani Abubakar, located at Oyunkoko Ward.

The two structures were identified by the military following its recent arrest of 17 criminals, including kidnappers and armed robbers.

The Commissioner of Police in the state, Mr Wilson Inalegwu and other heads of security agencies were with the governor during the demolition exercise.

Bello who later spoke to journalists, vowed to implement the Anti-kidnapping, Robbery and Terrorism Law in the state to the letter.

Also speaking, Inalegwu said: ”This is a strong message to kidnappers and hoodlums that they must change their ways.

”They should work hard and earn a decent living. We want to make Kogi safe so that residents will have a sense of safety and travellers will not entertain the fear of being kidnapped. (TNE)

%d bloggers like this: