Gusau, Sept. 5, 2017, (TNE ) Zamfara Police Command on Tuesday said it had commenced massive search for three policemen who went missing after Monday’s attack on their outpost in Keta village, Tsafe Local Government Area.
The men had fled into the bush from their outpost which was attacked by gunmen.
A press release issued by the command’s spokesman in Gusau, DSP Mohammed Shehu, denied online media reports that the policemen and their DPO were kidnapped.
“No one was kidnapped as a result of the attack on the facility,” Shehu said, and asked the public to disregard the report, even as a police outpost is not managed by a Divisional Police Officer (DPO).
The spokesman said “at the moment, combined units of Police Anti-Robbery Squad, Anti-Kidnapping and Mobile Force are combing the bush in search of their colleagues as well as to arrest the gunmen.
Gunmen attacked Keta village on Monday afternoon but the police said normalcy had been restored and assured that the attackers would be arrested. (TNE)