Man, 40, electrocuted in Jigawa while fetching firewood

Dutse, Jan. 13, 2018 (TNE) A 40-year-old man,Sale Mamman, has been electrocuted while cutting firewood from a fallen tree branch on an electric high tension wire.

The Spokesman of the Jigawa Police Command, SP Abdu Jinjiri, said that Mamman was a resident of Duhuwa village in Kiyawa local government area of Jigawa State.

“On Friday, at about 11 am, we received a report by the police in Shuwarin outpost that one Sale Mamman, aged 40, of Duhuwa village in Kiyawa LGA was electrocuted while trying to cut a tree branch which fell on an electric high tension wire.

“The relevant electricity officials were informed and a police patrol team moved to the scene and detached the victim from the cable.

“The corpse was conveyed to the Kiyawa Primary Healthcare Centre for Doctor’s examination,” Jinjiri said.

According to him, after he was confirmed dead the remains of the deceased were released to his relatives for burial, according to Islamic rites.

(TNE)

%d bloggers like this: